“Through the Rain”
(Written By: B.A.M Copyright 2025)
[Verse 1]
Stumbled through the chaos, Seventh Avenue glow,
Crowds are moving fast, but time’s moving slow.
You, with your diamonds and a tailored affair,
Me, with my patched-up coat and windswept hair.
Caught your eyes like a spotlight,
You whispered, "Where do I go tonight?"
And I said, "Follow me, it’s alright,"
The storm won’t swallow us whole.
[Pre-Chorus]
You don’t know my name,
I don’t know your fame,
But the thunder hums,
And I don’t feel the shame.
[Chorus]
Isn’t it crazy how we met through the rain?
You’re wrapped in silk, I’m caught in chains.
But somehow our stories collided this way,
Underneath the silver-grey.
Isn’t it wild, this moment we claim?
Two worlds apart, yet the same.
I’m the vagabond who lit your flame,
Through the rain, through the rain.
[Verse 2]
You told me you’d lost your way, mirrors and gold,
A hollow shine in a city that’s so cold.
I laughed and said, “Honey, I’ve got no map,
But I’ll walk beside you—just hold my hand.”
So we ran through the puddles, neon lights above,
It wasn’t riches, it wasn’t love.
Just a spark, a fleeting kind,
A safe harbor for the troubled mind.
[Pre-Chorus]
You don’t need my name,
I don’t want your fame,
But the thunder fades,
And we’re still the same.
[Bridge]
Your pearls don’t weigh you down tonight,
My empty pockets feel just right.
Two strangers carved from city stone,
But in this rain, we’re not alone.
The storm is fading, streets shine bright,
I see the world in your moonlit eyes.
No promises, no ties,
Just a chance before goodbye.
[Chorus]
Isn’t it wild how we met through the rain?
You’re wrapped in silk, I’m caught in chains.
But somehow our stories collided this way,
Underneath the silver-grey.
Isn’t it wild, this moment we claim?
Two worlds apart, yet the same.
I’m the vagabond who lit your flame,
Through the rain, through the rain.
[Outro]
And as you slip away, your world’s calling you,
I’ll walk these streets with nothing to lose.
For a fleeting moment, we were one and the same,
Through the rain, through the rain.

Comments
Post a Comment